Definitions and interpretation
|Data||collectively all information that you submit to Hollie Ellis trading as Hollie Ellis Design via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;|
|Cookies||a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);|
|Hollie Ellis trading as Hollie Ellis Design, or us||Hollie Ellis trading as Hollie Ellis Design of 14 Lupin Close, Chapel Park, Tyne and Wear, NE5 1UR;|
|UK and EU Cookie Law||the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;|
|User or you||any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Hollie Ellis trading as Hollie Ellis Design and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Hollie Ellis trading as Hollie Ellis Design and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and|
|Website||the website that you are currently using, www.hollie-ellis.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
This policy covers all data that is shared by a visitor with us whether directly via www.hollie-ellis.co.uk or via email. This policy provides an explanation as to what happens to any personal data that you share with us, or that we collect from you either directly via these websites or via email.
Information we collect
While using our site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personal data that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personal Data may include, but is not limited to:
- First name and last name
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Information you submit to us about your business
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- Operating system (automatically collected);
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
Our use of Data
For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Hollie Ellis trading as Hollie Ellis Design is the “data controller”.
We will retain any Data you submit for 3 months.
Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website;
Information Collected Automatically
- Log & Device data. When you visit our site, we may automatically record information (“log data”), including information that your browser sends whenever you visit our site. This log data may include your web address you came from or are going to, your device model, operating system, browser type, unique device identifier, IP address, mobile network carrier, and time zone or location.
- Our third party service providers may provide us information that tells us how are marketing ads, often placed on third party sites, performed and who clicked on them. This information does not identify any specific individual and is generally non-identifying. If we were to associate it with you we would treat it as personal data.
Cookie data. We may use “cookies” (a small text file sent by your computer each time you visit our site) or similar technologies to record log data. Many browsers default to accepting cookies. You may be able to change this setting in your browser and you can also clear your cookies. If you do, you may lose some functionality of our site. Check your browser’s help function to learn more about your cookie setting options.
All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a pop-up requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Hollie Ellis trading as Hollie Ellis Design to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
This Website may use the following types of Cookies:
- Advertising and analytics: These cookies collect information about who is visiting our site and how users engage with our site. This information does not identify any individual user. It is aggregated and anonymous. Information included in this analysis is number of visitors to our site, referring websites, pages visited while on this site, time of day visited our site, if this is a new or repeat visitor, and other comparable information. This information is used to help us understand the usage of our site, improve and operate our services more efficiently and to monitor the activity on our site. Please see below for a listing of our analytics providers.
- Strictly Necessary Cookie: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies
- They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users
- Essential cookies: These cookies help run our site and make your experience better. These include cookies that all you access to a members only part of the site or help the content of our site load quickly. These cookies are only used to provide you with these services.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow the site to remember preferences you have selected such as login details or other selections you may have made. These are designed to make it easier to use our site and not have to set the same preferences every time.
- Social Media cookies: We use social media tools on our site and these cookies allow the social media network to record when you have liked or engaged with a social media tool on our site. In some situations, the social network may send us data that you have set to share. f you do not want the social media network to share information with us, please check your privacy settings with the social media network.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies allow you to track browsing habits as you visit the site. Based on your browsing history and with our permission, we use third party advertising partners who can then display to you a relevant ad when you are on a third-party site such as a social media platform. Within these cookies, we may also know your precise location such as latitude, longitude, GeoIP, and other location specific information. Please see below for your choices on cookies in the use of advertising.
- To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from us if your computer supports such capabilities. You can opt out of receiving emails from us. Please see the Your Choices section below.
- We might also use a pixel tag which is a small graphic file that allows us and third parties to monitor the use of the site and provide us with information based on your interaction with the site. These tags may collect the IP address from the device which you loaded the page, the browser type. Pixel tags are also used by our third parties to collect information when you visit our site, the links and other actions you take on our site, and we may use this information in combination with cookies to display targeted advertisements.
- Other data technologies may be used that collect comparable information for security and fraud detection purposes.
- If you have any questions about cookies you can go to youronlinechoices.com/uk or http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
Use of your information – Grounds for Using Your Personal Data
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, Hollie Ellis Design is relying on the following lawful grounds to collect and process any personal data you may have provided:
- Legitimate Business Interests: To provide you with information requested from us relating to our products or services and to provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you if you have consented to receive such information, which are legitimate business interests. To notify you about any changes to our Website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service. If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
- Performance of Contract: To meet our contractual commitments to you and in performance of contractual obligations to you.
- User Consent: We may use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, so that you can be provided with information about unrelated goods and services which we consider may be of interest to you. We or they may contact you about these goods and services by any of the methods that you consented to at the time your information was collected. If you are a new customer, we will only contact you or allow third parties to contact you only when you have provided consent and only by those means you provided consent for. If you do not want us to use your data for ourselves or third-parties, you will have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this when you provide your details to us on the form on which we collect your data.
- Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may, on occasion, provide them with aggregate statistical information about our visitors such as your area of residence or age group.
Sharing and Disclosure
We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated within this policy or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared.
We will share your information in the following ways.
- With third party service providers, agents, or contractors. We use other companies, agents or contractors (“Service Providers”) to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with providing services to you. For example, we may engage Service Providers to process credit card transactions or other payment methods. Or, we may engage Service Providers to provide services such as marketing, advertising, communications, infrastructure and IT services, to provide customer service, to collect debts, and to analyze and enhance data (including data about users’ interactions with our service). These Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information in order to provide these functions. In addition, some of the information we request may be collected by third party providers on our behalf. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
- Analytics. Specifically for analytics providers, we use Google Analytics Google Analytics which is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Please note at this time, we do not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “do not track” instructions.
Acuity Scheduling: We use Acuity Scheduling to serve you with the opportunity to book a call into an online diary by collecting your name, email address, telephone number and any other answers that you provide. You can learn more about how Acuity Scheduling handles your data here.
Mailchimp: We use Mailchimp to host web forms to serve you with the content you request. Mailchimp collects your name, email address, and stores information on your previous downloads, purchases and interaction with Hollie Ellis Design.
You can learn more about how Mailchimp handles your data here
Google AdWords remarketing service is provided by Google Inc.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please
visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page at http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
Facebook: You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950
To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
To see more about Facebook’s participation in the Digital Advertising Alliance please visit the Choices section of this notice.
For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
We may participate in Facebook.com’s Custom Audience or LinkedIn’s Audience program which enables us to display personalized ads to persons on our email list when they visit Facebook or LinkedIn respectively. We provide Personal Information such as your email address and phone number to the social media provider to enable it to determine if you are a registered account holder. You may opt-out of participation in this program by contacting us as noted below. You may also opt out of receiving these ads from the social media network directly.
Payment Providers: We may provide paid products and/or services within the site. When we do, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors). We will not store or collect your payment card details. That information is provided directly to our third-party payment processors whose use of your personal information is governed by their own privacy notice. The payment processors we work with adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of payment information.
Storing your personal data/Transfer of Data
This site is operated in the United Kingdom. If you are located in another jurisdiction, please know that your information will be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United Kingdom and to vendors in the United States. By using this site and providing us with information, you consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your information in the United Kingdom. Our service providers use appropriate safeguards to transfer your personal data to the United Kingdom.
Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into via our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and the transmission of such data is entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain areas of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Third party links
We may have links on our site to other sites that we do not operate. If you click on a third-party link, you will be taken directly to that site which is governed by its own privacy notice. We strongly encourage you to read that privacy notice. We do not control that site and assume no responsibility for the content, policies or its practices.
Choices and Individual Rights:
We aim to take reasonable steps, so you can correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
We outline your choices below:
- E-mail. As described above, if you do not wish to receive promotional e-mails from us, you may opt out at any time. If you opt out of a promotional e-mail, we may still send you transactional and administrative emails about this privacy notice or about the products or services you have purchased.
- Your browser’s help function should contain instructions on how to set your computer to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or to not receive cookies at any time.
- You can opt out of online targeted advertising by opting out within the advertisement itself or by visiting Digital Advertising Alliance, http://www.aboutads.info/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/. You can also opt out of the Digital Advertising Alliance using your mobile device settings.
- Your rights under certain circumstances. To initiate any of these actions please contact us at email@example.com.
- To access and receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you.
- To rectify any Personal Data held about you that is inaccurate
- To request the deletion of Personal Data held about you
- You have the right to data portability for the information you have provided to us. You can request to obtain a copy of this information in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it. We will need to verify your identity before being able to respond to such requests.
- Please note that in some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint. For European Union residents, if you feel that our processing of your personal data infringes on data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state where you habitually reside, your place of work or the location of the alleged infringement. If you are located outside of the European Union, you may have rights under privacy laws in the jurisdiction where you live.
We use reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. Unfortunately, no measures can be guaranteed to provide 100% security. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
Hollie Ellis Design will retain your Personal Data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice. We will retain and use your Personal Data to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
Hollie Ellis Design will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
We request that you do not send us any sensitive data such as social security or national identification numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, health data, biometrics or genetic, criminal background or trade union membership information. If you do send us this information, then you are consenting to its processing in accordance with this privacy notice. To avoid processing of sensitive data, do not submit it.
Our policy on children’s information
Our site is not directed to children under 16. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
We welcome any queries, comments or requests you may have regarding this policy please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may contact Hollie Ellis trading as Hollie Ellis Design by email at email@example.com.
Last updated 24th may 2018.